Place Score Pty Ltd (ACN 610 823 286) (“we”, “our” and “us”) is committed to responsible privacy practices and to complying with the Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”) to the extent they apply to us.
2. What personal information do we collect?
The amount and type of personal information that we gather depends on the nature of the interaction.
We do not generally require you to disclose any sensitive information (e.g. details of race, religious belief, sexual orientation or membership of a trade union) to us. If you do provide us with sensitive information for any reason, you consent to us collecting that information and using and disclosing that information for the purpose for which you disclosed it to us and as permitted by the Privacy Act and other relevant laws.
If you are a participant in a survey that we conduct, generally you provide us information on an anonymous basis, and you cannot be reasonably identified (meaning that the information you provide us is not “personal information”). If for some reason we do collect personal information from you in a survey, then we will (depending on the circumstance) de-identify that personal information or collect, use and disclose that information in accordance with this Policy.
If you email or telephone us or otherwise interact with us, we may collect contact details including your name, address, email address, phone numbers and your date of birth/age. We may also collect answers you provide to questions we ask and other information in relation to your dealings with us.
If you apply for employment with us or are engaged as an independent individual contractor, we may also collect information relevant to your engagement with us including qualifications, work history, resume, reference information from your nominated referees, bank details, feedback from supervisors and training records.
If you login to a system to which we have granted you access, we may collect your IP address, user agent and other usage metrics and associate these with your user account.
3. How do we collect your personal information?
We collect personal information in a number of ways. The most common ways we collect your personal information are:
- directly from you when you provide it to us or our agents or contractors, for example when you participate in a survey that we conduct;
- via our Platforms when you deal with us online (including through our social media pages);
- from our related companies; and
from third parties (for example, from referees if you apply for a position as an employee or contractor with us).
4. For what purposes do we collect, use and disclose your personal information?
Generally, we collect, use and disclose personal information so that we can interact with you in connection with our events and services.
We may use or disclose your personal information:
- for the purposes for which we collected it (and related purposes which would be reasonably expected by you);
- for other purposes to which you have consented; or
- as otherwise authorised or required by
Some of the specific purposes for which we collect, use and disclose personal information are:
- to respond to you if you have requested information (including via our websites or via an email or other correspondence you send to us);
- to provide goods or services to you or to receive goods or services from you;
- to contact you about any marketing promotions, competitions or special offers about our services, or those of our business partners;
- to administer rewards, surveys, competitions or other promotional activities or events conducted, sponsored or managed by us or our business partners;
- to enable you to use our Platforms;
- to enable you to participate in any loyalty or incentive programs that we operate;
- to improve our goods and services;
- to verify your identity, address and age or eligibility to participate in a marketing activity;
- to consider you for a job with us (whether as an employee or contractor) or in the context of other relationships with us;
- to address any issues or complaints that we or you have regarding our relationship; and
- to contact you regarding the above, including via electronic messaging such as SMS and email, by mail, by phone or in any other lawful manner;
- for our own internal business operations, including optimising or bettering our services to you, or analysing and better understanding our customer
You consent to us using your personal information for these purposes.
You may at any time, request to “opt out” of receiving any marketing or promotional material from us by following the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or contacting our Privacy Officer.
Generally, you have no obligation to provide to us any personal information requested by us. However, if you choose to withhold requested personal information, we may not be able to do provide you with the products and services requested or allow you to participate in the marketing activities that depend on the collection of that information.
5. Disclosing personal information
We may disclose your Personal Information to:
- our employees, related bodies corporate and related entities (including Place Partners Pty Limited);
- our contractors and other third parties that provide goods and services to us (including website and data hosting providers, and other suppliers);
- our accountants, insurers, lawyers, auditors and other professional advisers and agents;
- payment system operators;
- if you are an individual contractor to us or a prospective employee, to our related companies and HR related service providers (e.g. for outsourced payroll processing);
- if you are a participant in a survey, then to our business partners who have paid for or otherwise have an interest in the survey information, for example state and/or local government departments;
- otherwise to any third parties to whom you have directed or permitted us to disclose your personal information (e.g. referees);
- in the unlikely event that we or our assets may be acquired or considered for acquisition by a third party, that third party and its advisors;
- third parties that require the information for law enforcement or to prevent a serious threat to public safety;
- otherwise as permitted or required by law;
- to other persons when we otherwise notify you, and you consent to the disclosure
6. Does personal information leave Australia?
We may disclose personal information outside of Australia to service providers (who provide data storage services or online platforms for surveys to be conducted). The countries that those service providers are located in include, among others, the USA, UK and Canada.
7. How do we protect personal information?
We will take reasonable steps to keep any personal information we hold about you secure. For example, we have appropriate physical (such as restricting access to our offices) and computer and network security measures (such as firewalls) in order to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction.
Please notify us immediately if you become aware of any breach of security.
8. Links, cookies and use of our websites and applications
9. How can you access and correct personal information we hold about you?
10. Queries, comments and complaints about our handling of personal information
When contacting us please provide as much detail as possible in relation to your question, comment or complaint.
We will take any privacy complaint seriously and any complaint will be assessed with the aim of resolving any issue in a timely and efficient manner. We request that you cooperate with us during this process and provide us with any relevant information that we may need.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of our assessment of your complaint, you may wish to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
11. How can you contact us?
If you would like to access or correct personal information held about you, or if you want to make a complaint about an alleged breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, you can do so by contacting:
Attention: Office Manager
PO Box 699, Potts Point NSW 1335
If you wish to seek access to or correct or update any personal information we hold about you, or to unsubscribe from our direct marketing you can also contact us using the contact details listed above.
Last Updated: 2 December 2020